And just like that, it’s almost over.
Nearly 20 days a fter arriving in America, I’m getting ready to head back to Oz. After a trip this long, I am itching to return to my overseas home: to my apartment, summer, time with Brendan and all my Sydney friends. Here is how I spent the last three weeks.
– Meeting my friend Meghan’s daughter Molly Rose and my best friend Jackie’s son Liam Patrick. Both are about 5-months-old. Both are adorable.
– Seeing the same friend Meghan and her husband Steve after two years. I also saw my best guy friend Dave and my best friend’s sister after two years.
– Having some nice conversations with my sister and laughs with family.
– Buying clothes, makeup, booze and food for much less.
– Eating a lot of really good, really fatty and really cheap food, including mozzarella sticks, black-and-white cookies and poppers.
– Guzzling some great Christmastime craft beer.
– Walking around New York City and downtown Philly.
– Spending time with Brendan’s immediate and extended family and meeting more of his friends.
– Family fighting. On Christmas. More to come on this later.
– Not getting to see one group of friends because of scheduling conflicts.
– Only seeing Brendan every couple of days. Corny, I know, but when you’re used to seeing someone everyday, it’s kinda rough to go a week between each visit.
– Not having my privacy and living out of a suitcase. I very much appreciate the five different households that let me stay with them on the trip, but I started to miss my own space.
– Being in the cold. I keep forgetting how cold the East Coast is in December. Brrr.
1 trip to Dunkin’ Donuts.
2 different types of Tastykakes consumed.
3 states visited and trips to Wawa.
4 new babies met.
5 servings of buffalo wings. I’m disgusting, I know.
6 days I got to spend with my best friend.
How have you spent your holiday?