Are you looking for someone to take the lead on content development or marketing strategy in your business? With experience in both the US and Australia, I have a dual writing and marketing background and can offer the following services to your business:
- Professional blogging
- Web site content development
- Content strategy for both print and online
- Marketing strategy
- Social media strategy
I am available for project-based work, both remote and in-person, for potential clients in the US and Australia. Please visit my professional website at laurenfritsky.com/ or reach out to me at LGFRITS at YAHOO dot COM
The Life That Broke is a blog about expat life, travel, lifestyle and career written by a journalist with 15 years of experience. Writing isn’t my hobby — it’s my career. My writing has appeared in numerous print publications, including Weight Watchers and Jetstar magazines, and online at major web sites such as Travel + Leisure, CNN and USA Today. I have also blogged regularly for PsychologyToday and AOL.
The Life That Broke has been featured on major web sites such as AOL Travel, numerous popular travel blogs and on TV at TEN News for a story on the rising cost of living in Sydney. In the My Published Work section, you can see some of the other sites for which I’ve done guest posts and interviews.
Audience and Reach
My audience includes current and future budget travelers and expats as well as burgeoning freelancers and career breakers, who I target in my column “Ask the Expat Freelancer.” Companies focusing on international and domestic travel, budget travel, women’s travel and freelance writing or location-independent lifestyles make good fits on The Life That Broke.
- Years of Blogging: 8
- Domain Authority: 31
- Google PR: 3
- Twitter Followers: 5,115
- Facebook Likes: 903
- Instagram Followers: 462
Current Advertising/Press Trip Opportunities
I currently consider text link sponsorships and sponsored reviews for travel, trip planning, budgeting or writing products and services on The Life That Broke. I am also available for press trips, for which I can offer my 10 years of journalism experience and demonstrated writing skills. Email me at lgfrits(at)yahoo.com to discuss options.
- Jetstar magazine — “Free Wheeling,” featured in the March 2012 issue.
- Weight Watchers magazine — “The Upside of Downsizing,” featured in the March 2010 issue.
- More magazine online — “No-Sex Infidelity,” republished from YourTango in May 2010.
- ADVANCE for Physical Therapy — I served as assistant editor from November 2007 to November 2008, then as associate editor until June 2009.
- House and Home magazine — I wrote several articles on home design and managed the new product section between 2007 and 2009.
- Psychology Today
- I helped create a documentary on World War II veterans living in Philadelphia in 2008/2009.
- Named one of the 10 Best Expat Blogs by Medibroker, 2015
- Chosen as one of “55 Australian Travel Bloggers Hot Listed in 2014” by Get in the Hot Spot
- Featured in the bmag.com.au article Travel Tips from the Well-Trodden
- Named as one of Flight Centre UK’s Pinterest Travel Bloggers We Love
- Named as one of the Top 10 Websites for Expats in Australia by MyCurrencyTransfer.com in August 2013
- Chosen as one of “41 Australian travel blogs and bloggers to follow in 2013” by the blog for Tourism and Events Queensland
- Selected from more than 31,000 applicants as one of 500 people to participate in ACT Tourism’s Human Brochure campaign, February 2013
- Selected as one of GoAbroad.com’s Top Expat Bloggers
- Selected as one of the “43 Australian Travel Blogs and Bloggers to Watch in 2013” and “25 Australian Travel Blogs and Bloggers to Watch in 2012” by Get in the Hot Spot
- Listed as one of the100 Best Sites for International Businesspeople
- Served as a panelist on travel blogging for the Sydney Blogger Relations Forum 2011, presented by Switched On Media
- Nominated in the Pedestrian TV Blogster Awards, August 2011
- Selected as a live Tweeter for Web in Travel Australia, held in June 2011
- Voted GO Overseas Best Blog in Australia, 2010
- Apex Award of Excellence, 2008
- Teen People’s “Life Can Be Tough” Essay Contest Grand Prize Winner, 2002
- TEN News segment: Interviewed on air as an expat writer and travel blogger for a story on the rising cost of living in Sydney in August 2011 (news clip only viewable from Australia).
- Vanish NapiSan radio commercial: My voice was used in a Sydney radio commercial about Vanish NapiSan’s bid to sponsor the White House in July 2011.
- Adriano Zumbo documentary: I was in the background while my friend Heather got interviewed about the macarons she so loves outside Zumbo’s store in Balmain.
- Made Man: Difficult and Risky Places That Are Totally Worth the Trek
- WebJet Australia: Travel Bloggers Share Their Favourite Olympic Host Cities
- WebJet Australia: Bloggers Share Their Essential Travel Item
- ReallyMoving.com: Life Down Under: An Interview with Expat Blogger Lauren from thelifethatbroke.com
- Expat Tax CPAs: EXPERT EXPATS: PART VI
- OurOyster.com: Where in the World is… The Best Place to Eat? A Foodie Travel Bucket List
- Gumtree Australia: Success story: moving to Australia and finding my first apartment
- The Hollywood Reporter: Tupac Shooting Confession: Twitter Users React to Dexter Isaac Claim
- body+soul magazine: I see letters in colour
- yTravel Blog: My Travels in Australia – with Lauren Fritsky
- Ryan Goes Abroad: 50 Things I Wish I Knew When I Started Traveling
- Ordinary Traveler: Round-Up of Favorite Travel Blog Posts 05.13.11
- Suzy Stumbles Over Travel: Weeks of January 10, 2011, May 9, 2011 and August 15, 2011
- Go! Overseas: Study Abroad Regrets